The Central AP Management (APM) feature of Vigor Router can help you plan a wireless network deployment of a large space, such as convention center, exhibition center, stadium, station or shopping mall. With AP Map, network administrators can preview the deployment of VigorAPs, estimate the coverage of the wireless signal and the required amount of the APs, avoid the no-signal area, in the end, to optimize the AP deployment brings out better Wi-Fi experience. Furthermore, if linked to an actual AP, AP Map can also be a graphical AP monitor to view the AP's location and some of the basic information. This article demonstrates how to use AP Map to plan AP deployment for an exhibition center.
1. Go to Central Management >> AP >> AP Map, choose an available profile.
2. Name the Location and upload a map (floor plan) of the exhibition center, click Next.
3. Click the Ruler icon and draw a line on the floor plan, enter its real distance, then click OK. The router will automatically calculate the map dimensions. Click Next to the planning step.
4. Drag the VigorAP icon you want to the map below.
5. Right-click on the AP icon to delete it or link an existed AP.
6. After linking the AP icon to the existed AP, you can check some basic information of the AP by clicking the small icons around the AP, including wireless clients, nearby AP, device information and LAN transmission speed.
7. You can click Show AP Coverage on 2.4G/5G to check the coverage of the Wi-Fi signal, and adjust your VigorAPs deployment to the best position, then click Save to finish the settings.
8. After finishing the above configuring, you can see the profile you just set on the AP Map list, showing the status containing online APs and number of clients.
Published On: 2017-10-03
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback :)
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.