Selected Vigor Routers can act as a hotspot gateway and provide internet access only to clients who pass the authentication. Receive PIN via SMS is a login method that allows hotspot client to get the login PIN code from an SMS message. This note is going to demonstrate how to set up Vigor Router as a hotspot gateway and log in by the PIN code.
1. Make sure the router is connecting to the Internet.
2. Create an SMS Object to send SMS messages: go to Objects Setting >> SMS Service Object, click on an available profile.
3. Enter the Service Provider details, and click OK to apply.
4. Go to Hotspot Web Portal >> Profile Setup, click on an available profile to edit.
5. Edit the profile as follows:
6. Choose a login page design, customize the details, and click Next.
7. Edit the message on the login page, and click Next.
8. Edit the details for SMS settings, then click Next.
9. Edit Whitelist for some host, sites, or NAT rules to bypass the Hotspot portal. You may also choose to apply to specific LAN interface on the next page.
10. Edit the landing page, choose the interfaces to which the SMS login should apply, then click Finish.
11. Now, the hotspot settings have applied to the selected interfaces. You may click Preview to check how the login page looks.
12. If the client connected to the selected interface of the router and try to open a webpage, the router will redirect them to hotspot login page. If they do not have a password yet, they can click on the button to get a password.
12. The client needs to enter a valid mobile phone number to receive the SMS message.
13 The number will get a message about the password.
14. Enter the password on the login page, and click Login.
15. If the password is correct, the client will be redirected to the landing page, and after that, they will be able to surf the Internet.
Since firmware v3.9.1, Vigor router supports pre-generated PIN code, here is the setting example.
1. Enable the profile, give a comment, and choose “Various Hotspot Login” as Portal Method, then choose login method “PIN with Voucher”, then refer to step 6~10 of this article for further hotspot setting.
2. Connect an USB disk to router for Hotspot PIN and database, then enable database in Hotspot Web Portal >> Users Information.
3. Go to Hotspot Web Portal >> PIN Generator >> PIN Generator tab
4. Go to PIN Voucher tab, and select hotspot profile, batch profile, then give title, message and PIN information.
5. Click Preview and Print, then the voucher page will pop up
If the client connected to the selected interface of the router and try to open a web page, they will be redirected to hotspot login page, where the PIN code can be enter.
Network administrator can also check each PIN code status in Web Portal >> PIN Generator >> PIN Status tab
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry about that. Leave us some comments below to help us improve, or Contact Support if you need further assistance.