Vigor Routers supports hotspot web portal can act as a captive portal gateway and provide internet access only to clients who pass the authentication. Receive PIN via SMS is a login method that the router will generate login PIN and send it in an SMS to the phone number that hotspot client left on the portal page. This note is going to demonstrate how to set up Vigor Router as a hotspot gateway and send the login PIN to hotspot clients via SMS.
1. Make sure the router is connecting to the Internet.
2. Create an SMS Object to send SMS messages: go to Objects Setting >> SMS Service Object, click on an available profile.
3. Enter the Service Provider details, and click OK to apply.
4. Go to Hotspot Web Portal >> Profile Setup, click on an available profile to edit.
5. Edit the profile as follows:
6. Choose a login page design, customize the details, and click Next.
7. Edit the message on the login page, and click Next.
8. Edit the details for SMS settings, then click Next.
9. Edit Whitelist for some host, sites, or NAT rules to bypass the Hotspot portal. You may also choose to apply to specific LAN interface on the next page.
10. Edit the landing page, choose the interfaces to which the SMS login should apply, then click Finish.
11. Now, the hotspot settings have applied to the selected interfaces. You may click Preview to check how the login page looks.
12. If the client connected to the selected interface of the router and try to open a webpage, the router will redirect them to hotspot login page. If they do not have a password yet, they can click on the button to get a password.
12. The client needs to enter a valid mobile phone number to receive the SMS message.
13 The number will get a message about the password.
14. Enter the password on the login page, and click Login.
15. If the password is correct, the client will be redirected to the landing page, and after that, they will be able to surf the Internet.
Was this helpful?
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.