DrayTek Smart VPN Client software for windows requires DrayTek Virtual PPP adapter to provide the SSL VPN service. The driver should be installed during Smart VPN Client software installation; however, if you see such error while establishing the SSL VPN connection, please follow the steps to resolve it.
1. Right-click the Start menu, then click Device Manager.
2. Expand the Network adapters category, check whether the DrayTek Virtual PPP Adapter is on the list:
1. Right-click on the icon on the top of the list, then click Add legacy hardware.
2. Click Next on the welcome message page.
3. Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced), then click Next.
4. Select Network adapters, then click Next
5. Click Have Disk… to choose the file on the disk.
6. Go to the location where you install the Smart VPN Client, then go to driver >> X64 folder.
(Default path for 64bit platform:
C:\Program Files (x86)\DrayTek\Smart VPN Client\driver\X64 ; 32bit platform: C:\Program Files\DrayTek\Smart VPN Client\driver\ )
7. Select VPPP.inf, click Open.
8. Click OK.
9. Click Next.
10. Click Next to install.
11. Click Install on the pop-up window.
12. Click Finish to end the installing. Then, restart your computer.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.