In User-Based management mode, all the LAN clients will need to log in with a user account before they can access the Internet. Except for the 200 user accounts built-in the Vigor Router, user management can also be implemented with an external authentication server, such as a RADIUS server. This document introduces how to use the external RADIUS server to authenticate the LAN clients.
1. Set up RADIUS server: Go to Application >> RADIUS/TACACS+,
2. Reboot the router to apply the RADIUS configuration.
3. Go to User Management >> General Setup to make sure the Mode Selection is set to "User-Based."
4. Create a new user profile: Go to User Management >> User Profile, click on an available index
5. Enable this account and give it a Username. At External Server Authentication, select "Radius." Then click OK to save.
6. Now, when LAN client accesses the Internet for the first time, they will be redirected to the router's login page. And they can log in with the user accounts on the RADIUS server database.
Published On: May 25, 2016
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback :)
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.