Since firmware version 3.8.7 on DrayOS models, and 1.4.0 on Linux models, a free DDNS service - DrayDDNS is provided to every Vigor Router. Each device can register for one hostname at the domain drayddns.com, and it works for all the WAN interfaces. This article will demonstrate how to set up the DrayDDNS service on your router.
(Note: Vigor2925 series support DrayDDNS since version 188.8.131.52, and Vigor2862 series support it since 3.8.5)
1. Go to Applications >> Dynamic DNS Setup, Enable Dynamic DNS Setup.
2. Go to Wizards >> Service Activation Wizard page, wait for the router to connect to MyVigor server, then:
3. Confirm the information, then click Activate.
4. MyVigor server will reply with the service activation information below.
5. Vigor router will contact with MyVigor server, then retrieve the DrayDDNS license as well as the domain name then create the DDNS profile automatically. Go to Applications >> Dynamic DNS Setup page to make sure the router has created the DDNS profile. (Note: If the router did not get the domain after the license activation, it may due to the router did not communicate with MyVigor server yet. You may reboot the router to trigger the process.)
At this moment, you can only modify the domain name on MyVigor website, which means you will need to register the router to MyVigor server first to modify the domain name.
1. Visit https://myvigor.draytek.com/ or go to Applications >> Dynamic DNS Setup >> DrayDDNS profile and click Edit domain.
2. Log in to MyVigor Website, choose the profile, then click Edit DDNS settings, input the new domain name and click Update.
3. The router will get the new domain name when it performs next DDNS updating, we can click Sync domain to speed up the process. After a few seconds, the router will get the new domain name and show on the profiles list.
1. Before using the DrayDDNS service, it is required to register your router to your MyVigor account, you can do that by clicking Product Registration from the menu.
2. Go to Applications >> Dynamic DNS >> Setting page . Select the profile "ddns1" and click Edit:
3. If you enable the DrayDDNS service, the router will send the WAN IP info to DrayDDNS Service Provider. Read the Terms of Service and click OK if you agree.
4. Go to Applications >> Dynamic DNS >> DrayDDNS License page and click Activate URL.
5. It will lead you to MyVigor portal. Log in with your myVigor account.
6. Click Edit DDNS settings to create a hostname for the router.
7. Enter the hostname and click Create.
8. Click < on the web browser to go back to the previous page. Click Trial for activating the DrayDDNS service.
9. Read the agreement and click Next if you accept.
10. Select the activation date and click Register.
11. Click OK to activate the DrayDDNS license.
12. Wait a few seconds to see if the registration is successful or not.
13. Go to Applications >> Dynamic DNS >> DrayDDNS License to check the license state.
14. Go to Applications >> Dynamic DNS >> Setting and we will see the Domain Name and the DDNS Status are updated successfully.