Note that the options available vary between models. This article shows how to configure the router to send Email notification for WAN and VPN disconnect/reconnect for example.
1. Go to Objects Setting >> SMS/Mail Service Object, and click an available index at the Mail Server tab
2. Go to Objects Setting >> Notification Object and click an available index. Select the events that you would like to be notified.
3. Go to Application >> SMS/Mail Alert Service, select on an available index at Mail Alert tab,
4. Now when either WAN or VPN disconnect or reconnect, Vigor router will notify administrator via email.
Vigor2865/2927 support mail alerts for login and config-changed to enhance security. When someone tries to access the router by WebUI/ telnet/ SSH/ TR069/ FTP, you will get notified in no time. Moreover, the router will detect if there are any config-changed events every 10 minutes. If yes, it will send an email notification to you.
Some of SMTP server doesn't allow unauthorized mail agents, you might need to use less secure settings to use Mail Alert Service. For Gmail, this can be adjusted at Account > Sign-in & security.
1. Go to Object Setting >> Mail Service Object to create the Mail Server Object.
2. Go to Object Setting >> Notification Object to create the Notification Object.
3. Go to Applications >> SMS/Mail Alert Service >> Mail Alert Service to set up the Mail Alert Service.
4. Now, when the WAN disconnects or reconnects, the router will send a notification mail to your email address.
Published On: Oct 24, 2017
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback :)
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.