Vigor Router can send the email to notify the network administrator for the events including
Note that the options available vary between models. This article shows how to configure the router to send Email notification for WAN and VPN disconnect/reconnect for example.
1. Go to Objects Setting >> SMS/Mail Service Object, and click an available index at the Mail Server tab
2. Go to Objects Setting >> Notification Object and click an available index. Select the events that you would like to be notified.
3. Go to Application >> SMS/Mail Alert Service, select on an available index at Mail Alert tab,
4. Now when either WAN or VPN disconnect or reconnect, Vigor router will notify administrator via email.
Vigor2865/2927 support mail alerts for login and config-changed to enhance security. When someone tries to access the router by WebUI/ telnet/ SSH/ TR069/ FTP, you will get notified in no time. Moreover, the router will detect if there are any config-changed events every 10 minutes. If yes, it will send an email notification to you.
For Gmail, you might need to follow the instruction below to generate an App password.
1. Login Google Account and go to the management page. In the Security tab, enable 2-step verification for your Google Account.
2. In the Security tab, click App Password
3. After clicking Produce. Google account will generate a password for this application. Use this password for authentication in the Mail Service Object.
1. Go to Object Setting >> Mail Service Object to create the Mail Server Object.
2. Go to Object Setting >> Notification Object to create the Notification Object.
3. Go to Applications >> SMS/Mail Alert Service >> Mail Alert Service to set up the Mail Alert Service.
4. Now, when the WAN disconnects or reconnects, the router will send a notification mail to your email address.
Published On: 2017-10-24
Was this helpful?
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.