In this article, we will demonstrate how to set up WAN3 or WAN4 with a USB dongle, and add a 3G/4G backup connection to the router.
1. Prepare a supported USB dongle and a valid SIM card.
2. Check which Access Mode we should use for this device. This information can be found at USB Application >> Modem Support List.
3. Go to WAN >> General Setup and make sure the WAN3/WAN4 is enabled.
4. Go to WAN >> Internet access, choose 'PPP mode' or 'DHCP mode' for Access Mode according to what the Modem Support List says in step 1. Then, click Details Page.
NOTE: For routers that have multiple USB interfaces, WAN3 settings is for USB1 and WAN4 for USB2.
5. At Details Page:
6. Go to Online Status to check the connection status. If the USB WAN is up, we will see the IP address and an icon on the top of the page.
Published On: Dec 10, 2015
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback :)
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.