Vigor router supports VPN matcher to establish VPN connection between VPN peers behind NAT since firmware version 3.9.2. The method is introduced in What is VPN Matcher and how to use it. The feature can be used not only on LAN-to-LAN VPN connections but also on Host-to-LAN VPN connections. This article is going to demonstrate how to build a Host-to-LAN VPN with VPN matcher and Smart VPN client(v5.3.0).
Go to https://vpn-matcher.draytek.com and login
1. Add router and PC to VPN matcher by their LAN MAC address.
2. Copy the Router List Key
3. VPN matcher uses OpenVPN as VPN protocol for Host-to-LAN connection, therefore certificates for router and PC are required, please refer to part1~5 of this article to set up the OpenVPN server.
4. Go to VPN and Remote Access>VPN Matcher Setup, enable it and enter VPN matcher username and Router List Key, then click OK.
5. Run Smart VPN Client, and Add a profile
6. Click Connect on Smart VPN client, then we can see the VPN status on both router and PC
Note: There is a network requirement, that the NAT type should be Cone NAT, such as Full cone NAT(one-to-one), Address-Restricted cone NAT or Port-Restricted cone NAT. Symmetric NAT is not supported, Vigor Router and Smart VPN client also provide detection function in VPN Matcher Setup.
Published On: 2019-12-31
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback :)
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.