Smart VPN Client is the official DrayTek VPN Client software. It supports a variety of VPN protocols. This document introduces how to set up the router as an IPsec VPN server, set up Windows Smart VPN Client in IPsec mode, and how to start the IPsec connection.
1. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> IPsec General Setup, enter Pre-shared Key and confirm it again, then click OK.
2. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> Remote Dial-in User, and click an available Index.
3. Set up IPsec profile for the remote dial-in user:
4. (Optional) Use Specify Remote Node to increase security by letting allow the connection from only the specified IP address and using a customized IKE Pre-Shared Key for this account (instead of general pre-shared key)
5. Open Smart VPN Client on the VPN client, and click Profiles >> Add
6. Set up VPN profile as follows
7. Select the profile we just created at Active Profile, and switch on Active.
8. Click OK to start dialing.
9. Due to IPSec's settings, we need to initiate the IPsec connection by generating some traffic to the VPN side. Pinging the router's LAN IP address is a simple way to do this.
Network Administrator may also check the online VPN clients by going to VPN and Remote Access >> Connection Management.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry about that. Leave us some comments below to help us improve, or Contact Support if you need further assistance.