This article demonstrates how to set up Vigor Router as a PPTP VPN server for Windows with Smart VPN Client, and how to establish a PPTP VPN from Windows client to the private network of Vigor Router.
1. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> Remote Dial-In User, and click an available index number to edit the profile.
2. Check Enable this account, enter username and password, make sure you have enabled "PPTP" in Allowed Dial-in Type.
And the router is ready for VPN connections.
3. Launch Smart VPN Client, go to Profiles and click Add.
4. Edit the profile as follows:
5. Go to the Connection tab, select the profile we just created at Active Profile, and switch on Connect. It will ask for credentials, input the username and password in step 2, then click OK to start the connection.
After VPN is successfully connected, we can check VPN status form the router at VPN and Remote Access >> Connection Management.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback :)
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.