Vigor Router supports three classes for QoS. For the traffic that does not belong to any of them will be categorized as "Other." To configure QoS on Vigor routers, take the following steps.
1. Edit Class Rule: Go to Bandwidth Management >> Quality of Service, click Edit on the Class you would like to configure.
2. Give this Class a name, select a rule index, and click Edit.
3. Check ACT to enable this rule, specify the IP address or service type of the traffic you'd like to classify into Class 1.
4. Click Add to add more rules for this Class. Click OK to finish.
5. Similarly, specify the types of traffic that should classify into in the other two classes.
6. Next, on the same page, click Setup on the WAN index that you would like to set up QoS.
7. In the setup page,
8. Now the QoS settings are complete. Network Administrator may click Status to check the bandwidth usage of each Class.
Vigor3900 support Hardware QoS for one WAN, its performance is better than software QoS; therefore, we strongly recommend to use the Hardware QoS first.
The example below will show how to configure Vigor3900 QoS for the scenario below. Please notice that the weight is not in percentage, the router will regulate the traffic by the proportion of each class.
|Usage||FTP server||HTTP Server||Default (for all)||Un-defined|
1. Go to Bandwidth Management >> Quality of Service >> Hardware QoS to set up the QoS configuration:
2. Go to the Bandwidth Management >> QoS Rule, and click Add to set up the rule profile.
3. Configure the QoS rule for HTTP Server:
4. Repeat step 3 to set the QoS rule for FTP Server.
5. After finishing the settings, go to Bandwidth Management >> Quality of Service >> Hardware QoS to check if the QoS rule is working.
Published On: May 25, 2016
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback :)
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.