Session Limit feature allows Network Administrator to limit the number of sessions that a LAN client can use. This feature will prevent the router's resources from being occupied by a single host, especially who are downloading using P2P software. This article demonstrates how to set up Session Limit on Vigor Routers.
1. Go to Bandwidth Management >> Session Limit, enable Session Limit and set a Default Max Session, this is the session limit that will apply to all the LAN clients.
2. To give a customized limit to particular LAN clients, add a specific limitation by:
3. And we should see a new entry in Limitation List.
4. Now, when a LAN client's session number reaches the limit, the client will get a message from the browser. Network Administrator may customize the message by editing the Administration Message.
5. (Optional) Network Administrator may use Session Limit with a schedule profile so that all sessions in Limitation List will be active only at a specific time or weekdays. Schedule profiles can be added from Application >> Schedule.
6. Finally, Network Administrator may check the session usage from Diagnostics >> Data Flow Monitor. Once Data Flow Monitor is enabled, the online clients' current session number and their limit will be listed.
1. Go to Bandwidth Management >> Session Limit and click Add to create a new rule.
2. Then set up the details for the new rule.
3. (Optional) Session Limit can also be used with a time schedule to restrict sessions only at a specific time.
4. Furthermore, you may enable Default Session Limit to apply session limit to all other unspecified LAN clients.
5. To monitor the session number of each host, go to Diagnostics >> Data Flow Monitor and enable the monitor.
Published On: 2016-05-13
Was this helpful?