In this note, we will demonstrate how to backup and restore the CPE's configuration by ACS2, how to assure the backup/restore has taken place, and how to find the location for saved configuration files.
To back up for the single CPE, we could do it immediately from the CPE Dashboard > Quick Tools > Backup Config.
You could also select one of CPE and go to the Device Menu > Configuration > System > Maintenance then click backup.
Note: Download config option will allow you to download the latest backup config from the ACS server.
To back up the configuration of multiple devices at the same time, we could go to the System Menu > Maintenance > Scheduled Backup page and follow the steps:
1. Switch to "Backup Setting Profile" tab and press "Add" to create the backup profile
2. Click Save to save the backup setting profile
3. Switch back to the Network & Device tab. Select the backup profile on the network or device and save it.
The backup file will be saved on the File manager automatically, ACS will create the folder with folder name model_MAC. For the real path of the server storage, you may refer the detail information with the File manager of ACS.
To restore the saved configuration file on the specific device, we could select the CPE and go to Device Menu > Configuration > System > Maintenance again. Then, select the restore config type:
To restore settings for multiple devices at the same time, go to the System Menu > Maintenance > Configuration Restore page and follow the steps:
1. Switch to Restore Setting Profile tab and click Add to create the restore profile
2. Click Save to save the restore setting profile< /p>
3. Switch back to the Network & Device tab. Select the Restore profile and config file on the device. Then enable the profile and save it.
We can find the log if the backup or restore event occurred from Monitoring > Log > File Transfer. The prefix of CommandKey describes the event type:
ProBackup:ACS request CPE to backup by schedule backup profile
ManuBackupt:ACS request CPE to backup while user click backup from Device Menu > Configuration > System > Maintenance
1. Check the server time: While specifying the scheduled time on your reboot profile, it should base on the ACS server time instead of your computer's system time.
2. Enable Periodic Inform: Please make sure you have already enabled Periodic Inform setting on System Maintenance >> TR-069 setting of CPE WebUI
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback :)
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.