VigorACS SI users are offered to upgrade to VigorACS 2. The database of VigorACS 2 is compatible with that of VigorACS SI, so you can keep all your data while upgrading. If you still have an unexpired license of VigorACS SI, MyVigor will convert the remaining license to VigorACS 2 automatically.
However, note that once install VigorACS 2, you cannot downgrade to VigorACS SI. Please check the compatible CPE list and hardware requirement first. And VigorACS 2 can only run on the 64-bit platforms, so make sure you have the 64-bit operating system.
This document demonstrates how to upgrade VigorACS SI to VigorACS 2 on Linux platform. It covers removing the VigorACS SI and Java, installing Java back and VigorACS 2, and activating the license and start using VigorACS 2.
1. The database will be kept after the upgrade; however, we still strongly recommend saving a backup of the database before you start, just in case.
./vigoracs.sh from /usr/local/vigoracs/VigorACS/bin, input
4 to shut down VigorACS SI service first.
3. Rename the vigoracs folder via the command
mv, because installing VigorACS 2 will create a new one.
./uninstall.sh (which you can find in the installation package of VigorACS SI, input
2 to remove Java.)
1. Make sure you're using the root privilege and have the following package installed:
2. Download VigorACS 2 installation package and extract it via the command:
#tar -jxv -f VigorACS_Unix_Like_xxxxxx_xxxxx.tar.bz2
3. Change the privilege level of install.sh by the command
#chmod 755 ./install.sh
#chmod 755 ./uninstall.sh
4. Execute ./install.sh installation file. Please make sure you have /usr/bin/sh first. If you don't, please type the command:
#ln -s /bin/sh /usr/bin/sh
It will request to create a new folder at the path /usr/local/vigoracs. Enter
y to continue.
5. If you are using use CentOS or RedHat version, the installation program will request you to install some packages to display CAPTCHA. Enter
y to install those packages and continue.
6. Enter 3 to install influxdb
7. Enter 4 to install java (openjdk).
8. Enter 6 to upgrade the VigorACS 2 and TR-069 database. Enter the original MySQL password. Wait for the installation process to finish and the success message shows.
9. After we finished all the installation steps, move to the folder "vigoracs"(/usr/local/vigoracs/VigorACS/bin/) and execute
3 to start VigorACS 2. You can use the same HTTP and HTTPS port settings as VigorACS SI so that you don't need to change firewall and open port settings.
1. To start VigorACS 2, launch a browser and type the IP/domain with the port number in the address bar, then you'll see VigorACS 2 login page. If you are using the PC running VigorACS 2, you may just enter
localhost with the port number. Since VigorACS 2 is using the same database as VigorACS SI, you should be able to log in with the original username and password.
2. You'll see the license warning message. Click Activate, and it will redirect you to MyVigor login page. Log in with the account who owns the original VigorACS SI server.
3. MyVigor system will convert your license from VigorACS SI to VigorACS 2 automatically, but you need to click ON to activate the license again.
4. Finally, we could enjoy the new VigorACS 2 now!
Was this helpful?