The Hotspot Web Portal function allows network administrator can set up the router as a Hotspot provider with web authentication and let users log in with their social media accounts, such as Facebook and Google. In the following, we demonstrate how to set up the Hotspot Web Portal with Facebook login method.
1. Make sure the router is connecting to the Internet.
2. Go to Hotspot Web Portal >> Profile Setup, click on an available index to edit the profile.
3. There are a few steps to set up.
4. Choose the background of the portal page, customize the logo and color, and click Save and Next.
TIPS: Use the step Icon on the top of the page to skip to the step you want, the router will save your settings automatically.
5. Customize the descriptions on the login page, then click Save and Next.
6. You can set the Whitelist for the profile to allow specific clients to bypass the portal and access the Internet or certain websites without login.
7. Set up the Expired Time After Activation and Landing Page After Activation that Hotspot clients will see after they login successfully. Finally, select the interfaces to which you would like this hotspot profile apply, then click Finish to save the setting.
8. Then the Hotspot setup is finished. You may click Preview to check the login page.
9. Now, when clients connect to the selected router interface and try to access the Internet, they will be redirected to "portal.draytek.com".
NOTE:If there's no certificate installed, due to security concerns, the browser might warn that it cannot verify server identity, the clients would need to tap "Continue" before they can proceed to portal.draytek.com.
10. Tap on a login method, and it will open the social media login page. Enter the social media accounts and password to log in.
11. If the credentials are correct, the client will be redirected to the landing page and be able to access the Internet afterward
12. The network administrator can plug a USB disk to the router to record the basic information of the users who connect to the Wi-Fi and log in with their social media accounts. It will be listed on Hotspot Web Portal >> Users Information page.
1. The client might not be able to access "portal.draytek.com" if this domain name is resolved by a DNS server on LAN. If so, set up LAN DNS to make sure the domain name will be resolved to the router's LAN IP.
2. If you get a blank page after clicking "Login with Facebook," it's probably that the APP ID or APP Secret is incorrect. Please confirm the entry again then try again.
Published On: Nov 07, 2017
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback :)
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.