DrayTek Hotspot Web Portal supports social login. By using facebook API, we can give visitors Internet access after they log in with a valid facebook account. This document introduces how to create Facebook APP, and generate the APP ID and APP Secret required for Web Portal setup.
1. Register as Facebook Developer: Go to https://developers.facebook.com/ and click Get Started and log in with your Facebook account.
2. Click Next.
3. Enter a valid phone number, click Send as Text or Send via Phone Call to get the confirmation code from the text message. Enter the code and click Verify.
4. Enter the APP NAME and CONTACT EMAIL, then click Next.
5. Finish the security check. Then, click Submit.
6. Select a category if you'd like to tell Facebook what you do, or skip it.
7. Click the Add Your First Product.
8. You will be lead to the Add Product page, then choose the Facebook Login and click Set Up.
9. Click Web on the Choose a Platform page.
11. At Client OAuth Settings, enter
https://portal.draytek.com:8043 (this is the URL for the router's portal page) in Valid OAuth Redirect URIs then click Save Changes.
12. Go to the App Review, switch on to make the app public.
13. In the pop-up window, select "Education" for Category and click Confirm.
14. Go to the Dashboard, the App is now active. Click Show to reveal the App Secret.
15. In the pop-up windoe, enter the password of your facebook account and click Submit. Then you can get your App Secret.
16. Copy the App ID and App Secret for the router's Web Portal setup.
Published On: Sep 05, 2017
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback :)
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.