This article demonstrates how to block a specific website by your router by the URL Content Filter feature. To use URL Filtering feature, you will need to 1) Create a Keyword Object 2) Create a URL Content Filter to use the Keyword Object, and (for DrayOS models) 3)Use the URL Content Filter in a Firewall Filter Rule. In this article, we will show an example of the necessary configuration for blocking the facebook site and apps.
1. Go to Objects Setting >> Keyword Object, click on an index number to edit the profile:
2. Go to CSM >> URL Content Filter Profile, click on a profile number to edit the profile
Either: URL Access Control First
3. Go to CSM >> DNS Filter, click on a Profile index number to edit the profile
4. To make the URL Content Filter and DNS Filter effective, go to Firewall >> Filter Setup >> Set 2. (Default Data Filter). Click on a Filter Rule number to edit the rule:
LAN/DMZ/RT/VPN -> WAN
5. After finishing the settings, the router will block the web page when the URL contains the keyword “facebook.” It also works for HTTPS website, although the blocking page might not show due to the browser's protection for interruption of SSL connections.
If URL Content Filter does not work as expected, please check the following items:
1. Go to Object Setting >> Keyword/DNS Object >> Keyword Object, click Add to create a new one for facebook URL:
fbinto Member Table
2. Go to Firewall >> Filter Setup >> URL/WEB Category Filter, click Add to create a new rule:
3. After finishing the settings, the router will block the web page when the URL contains the keyword
It also works for HTTPS website, although the blocking page might not show due to the browser's protection of for interruption of SSL connections.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback :)
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.