With Vigor Router, you can block access to a website or an application by URL Content Filter and DNS Filter. This article demnstrates how to find out the keyword required for the configuration of URL Content Filter.
With Vigor Router, you can block access to a website or an application by URL Content Filter and DNS Filter. This article demonstrates how to find out the keyword required for the configuration of URL Content Filter. We will need a packet sniffer tool, such as Wireshark, to capture the packets.
1. Clear DNS cache on the computer. For Windows user, type ipconfig/flushdns on the command prompt.
2. Rue Wireshark, filter the packets by dns.
3. Open the website or application you would like to filtered, and wait for the DNS query process to complete, here we take Facebook Messenger for example. We can see there are several DNS queries sent out from the computer when Facebook Messenger is connecting to the server.
4. Copy those keywords and create Keyword Objects for them.
5. And use the Keyword Object in the URL Content Filter.
6. Don't forget you will need to select the URL Content Filter in a Firewall Filter Rule to make it work.
Alternatively, you may also find the domain which the PC is trying to access from Diagnostics >> DNS Cache Table.
Was this helpful?
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.