VigorAP can act as a universal repeater to extend the range of the existing Wi-Fi network. The following example shows how to operate VigorAP in universal repeater mode and connect to a Vigor2860 to expand it's Wi-Fi coverage.
1. Choose “Universal Repeater” on Operation mode Configuration page.
2. Enable Wireless LAN: Go to Wireless LAN >> General Setup,
3. Set up Security: Go to Wireless LAN >> Security Settings,
4. Scan for nearby access points to find the Wi-Fi router: Go to Wireless LAN >> Access Point Discovery,
5. Set up Universal Repeater: On Wireless LAN >> Universal Repeater page, check all the parameters and enter the Wi-Fi passphrase of the router's Wi-Fi network. Then, click OK to save.
After the above configurations, stations that connect to VigorAP will be able to access the network of the Router, as well as the Internet.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry about that. Leave us some comments below to help us improve, or Contact Support if you need further assistance.