Syslog provides useful information for troubleshooting. There are several ways to collect Syslog: While Syslog Explorer offers a quick way to review and download Syslog, Saving to USB disk allows the router to keep more logs and will include more information. And for some models that don't support Syslog Explorer or USB Application, we can use Syslog Utility to collect the full Syslog.
Go to Diagnostics >> Syslog Explorer, check Enable Web Syslog and choose a Syslog Type, and the router will start to record the logs. To save the Syslog file, please click Export. Then, a file named
web_syslogxxxxxxxx will be downloaded to your computer, where xxxxxxxx is the current date.
1. Insert a USB disk to router's USB port, and check if the router detects it via USB Application >> USB Device Status page.
2. Enable Syslog Access for USB Disk: Go to System Maintenance >> Syslog/Mail Alert Setup,
3. When the logs are ready, they will be saved to a new folder Syslog on the USB disk. You may check the files from USB Application >> File Explorer, and download the file to your computer by double-clicking it.
Any computer that has Syslog Tool installed can be the Syslog server. You can download the Tool from Products > DrayTek Utility. To collect Syslog with Syslog Tool, please:
1. Enable Syslog Access on the router: Go to System Maintenance >> Syslog/Mail Alert Setup,
2. Run Syslog Tool on the computer. Then:
3. There will be a pop-up window. Select Save current log to a file, enter Log File name and path, and Click OK to save.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Help us improve? or Contact Support