The URL Filter can filter websites by keywords. It makes it easy to filter an entire website by filter out the keyword in its domain. But many web portals provide various services. Take Yahoo for example, if the network administrator set up the rule to block the URL contains "yahoo," then all the domain with "yahoo" will be blocked, including mail.yahoo.com and news.yahoo.com. Vigor router offers exception keywords to let the network administrator set up rules for the different services under the same web portal. The following example demonstrates blocking all services except searching by Yahoo.
1. Go to Objects Setting >> Keyword Object, and click an available index. Give the Keyword Object name and enter
yahoo in Contents.
2. Create another keyword object for
3. Go to CSM >> URL Content Filter Profile, and click an available index and edit the profile as follows:
4. Go to CSM >> DNS Filter Profile, and click an available index
5. Go to Firewall >> General Setup
Now, hen users are trying to access www.yahoo.com, it will be blocked.
But, Yahoo search service is still available.
Published On: Nov 28, 2018
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback :)
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.