If our ISP allocates a block public IP addresses for us, then we may use the public IP address with IP Routed Subnet or Routing Usage LAN.
Suppose ISP provides a public IP subnet 126.96.36.199/255.255.255.248 for us, and the gateway IP is 188.8.131.52. The public IP addresses we can use are between 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11. The following shows how to set up a non-NAT subnet so that the server behind Vigor Router can use the public IP address 18.104.22.168.
Go to WAN >> Internet Access and configure the WAN connection according to what ISP provides. (Note: If it is necessary to specify an IP address manually, remember that subnet mask for WAN interface should be larger than that of LAN interface.)
1. Go to LAN >> General Setup, click on Details Page for IP Routed Subnet.
2. Set up TCP/IP details for IP Routed Subnet.
3. For the host behind Vigor Router to obtain the public IP address, we may either:
After finishing above configurations, host with a public IP 22.214.171.124/ mask 255.255.255.248/ Gateway IP 126.96.36.199 will be able to access Internet through Vigor Router.
1. Go to WAN >> General Setup, configure a WAN profile according to what ISP provides.
2. Go to LAN >> General Setup, select the LAN profile you want to use the public IP address. At More Subnet field, click Add to add a subnet as follows:
3. Go to Routing >> Static Route >> LAN/WAN Proxy ARP, bind the LAN profile and the WAN profile.
4. For the LAN host using the public IP, configure the static IP address at TCP/IP configuration, where the IP address should be different from that of the router, the subnet mask should be the same, and gateway should be the router's LAN IP address.
Additionally, if there is a second WAN which has public IP addresses for LAN host, you may add more subnet in the LAN profile.
And then specify the second IP range to the second WAN at Routing >> Static Route >> LAN/WAN Proxy ARP.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry about that. Leave us some comments below to help us improve, or Contact Support if you need need further assistance.