ACS provides the Map widget on the Network Dashboard for the network administrators to view the location of managed devices. To use the Map widget, you must apply for the API key first. These are the APIs that VigorACS requires:
This article demonstrates the steps to apply for the API key for VigorACS
1. Go to Google Maps Platform and Sign in your Google account. Then click Get Started button.
2. Enable Maps and Place option, and click the CONTINUE button.
3. Type the project name and select Yes to allow agreement, then click NEXT button.
4. Since Google API change their charge policy, the user needs to pay if the usage exceeds the free quota (USD $200) every month, so we need to configure the billing account to apply for API. Click CREATE BILLING ACCOUNT and enter your payment information.
5. After creating the billing account, the page will redirect back to API console. And there will be window prompt for enabling the API. click NEXT to enable the API.
If you didn't see the prompt window, you could go to API & Services > Credentials from Google Cloud Platform Homepage. Then click Create credentials and select API key.
6. Copy the API key. Then, log in to ACS server and go to the System >> Google API key page. Paste the API key on the Maps field and save it.
We could add some restrictions to optimize usage and security.
With VigorACS service, we could restrict by:
Please check the following setting of both Google and ACS side:
Published On: Mar 27, 2019
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback :)
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.