This article demonstrates how to set up a separate Wi-Fi network for guests so that you can isolate the visitors from your private network while providing them Wi-Fi service. It requires deploying tag-based VLANs on your local network, enabling a second SSID on the wireless AP and linking it to the guest's VLAN.
1. Go to LAN >> VLAN, check Enable, and configure the VLAN as follows:
- VLAN 0 is for the main network:
- VLAN 1 for the guest network:
2. Go to LAN >> General Setup, check "Enable" for LAN 2. You may edit the IP range in Details Page.
3. (Optional) If your router has built-in Wi-Fi, go to Wireless LAN >> General Setup to enable SSID 2.
And set up the password for the guest Wi-Fi at Wireless LAN >>Security
1. Go to LAN >> General Setup to add a new LAN profile for guests.
2. Set up the LAN profile as follows:
3. Go to LAN >> Switch to add a VLAN for guests.
4. Enter VLAN ID as the same number as in the LAN profile, add the port to which the Wireless AP will be connecting into Member.
1. Go to Wireless LAN >> General Setup, enable for a second SSID, customize the SSID, and enter the VLAN ID as the same number as we use in LAN profile settings.
2. Set up a password for the Guest SSID at Wireless LAN >> Security.
Connect the AP to the router. Now, clients connecting to the guest SSID should get an IP in the range in the new LAN profile.
And they should not be able to ping a host on the main network.
Published On: Nov 16, 2018
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback :)
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.