IPsec is very secure and delivers great performance, and since 2018, Vigor Router also provides IPsec Xauth. If you are not comfortable with every VPN client using the same pre-shared key, you can use IPsec Xauth instead. IPsec Xauth authenticates the VPN clients not only by a pre-shared key but also a unique username and password. This article demonstrates how to set up Vigor Router as a VPN server for IPsec Xauth clients, and the configuration required on iOS to establish the VPN
1. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> IPsec General Setup, and enter Pre-Shared Key.
2. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> Remote Dial-in User, and click on an available index:
3. You may check if the client is online from VPN and Remote Access >> Connection Management page.
1. Go to User Management >> User Profile and click Add,
2. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> IPsec General Setup, Enter IPsec User Preshared Key. Then click Apply.
3. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> VPN Profile and add a profile as follows:
4. You may check if the client is online from Remote Access >> Connection Management page.
1. Go to Settings >> General >> VPN to add VPN Configuration as follows:
2. To start the VPN connection, switch on the profile.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry about that. Leave us some comments below to help us improve, or Contact Support if you need further assistance.