This article describes how to block the YouTube website as well as mobile App with Vigor Router.
1. Create a Keyword Object Profile at Objects Setting >> Keyword Object. Click on an index number available.
2. Create a URL Content Filter Profile at CSM >> URL Content Filter Profile. Click a Profile number.
3. Create a DNS Profile at CSM >> DNS Filter. Click on a Profile number in DNS Filter Profile Table.
4. To apply the URL Content Filter and DNS Filter to the Firewall Rule, go to Firewall >> General Setup >> Default Rule, select URL Content Filter as the profile created in Step 2, and DNS Filter as the profile created in Step 3. Then click OK to apply
5. With the settings above, and clear the browser's history and DNS cache, the clients on the router's LAN will not be able to access the YouTube website and App.
1. Create a LAN DNS profile: Go to LAN >> LAN DNS, click Add to create a profile as follows:
2. Enable DNS Redirection: Go to LAN >> General Setup, in a LAN profile in use, enable DNS Redirection.
3. With the settings above, and clear the browser's history and DNS cache, the clients on the router's LAN will not be able to access the YouTube website since the router will redirect them to the invalid IP address.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry about that. Leave us some comments below to help us improve, or Contact Support if you need need further assistance.