This document will demonstrate how to build a WDS connection between VigorAP and Vigor Router. With WDS mode, we can place the AP at the location where the cable deployment is not easy. Furthermore, the LAN clients can connect to the AP not only through the wireless but also with the wire connection. WDS mode enables the network administrator to construct the network coverage with more flexibility when placing the router and AP.
We will demonstrate the construction of the WDS connection between Vigor2860ac and VigorAP 900 in the following paragraph.
Login to the Vigor Router and VigorAP, go to System Maintenance >> System Status page and keep the MAC address of the router and AP's Wireless LAN in mind. We will use it later.
1. Log into Vigor Router's WUI. Go to Wireless LAN >> General Setup page,
2. Go to Wireless LAN >> Security page to set the security mode.
3. Go to Wireless LAN >> WDS page to configure the WDS settings:
Now, we have finished the configuration on the router. Follow the next paragraph to set up the AP.
4. Log into the WUI of VigorAP. Go to Operation mode page, choose AP Bridge – WDS and click OK.
5. Go to LAN >> General Setup page:
6. Go to Wireless LAN >> General Setup page,
7. Go to Wireless LAN >> Security page,
8. To check the connection status, we can go to the WUI of Vigor Router, visit the Wireless LAN >> WDS page and click the Link Status button to check whether the WDS connection is up. The status code U in front of the MAC address of VigorAP indicates the connection is active.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback :)
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.