SafeSearch is a Google service that helps you block inappropriate images from Google Search results. We can use LAN DNS feature to force LAN clients to use SafeSearch when they use Google Search.
1. Check the IP address SafeSearch in your area: For Windows users, run Command Prompt and enter command “nslookup forcesafesearch.google.com”, record the answer
2. On Vigor Router, set up LAN DNS for Google Search: Go to Applications >> LAN DNS/DNS Forwarding, and click on an index number to edit a profile.
3. With the LAN DNS configuration, when LAN client open Google Search, they will be redirected to Google SafeSearch, and will see a message says that SafeSearch has turned on.
If SafeSearch is not turned on as expected. please try the following
ipconfig/flushdnsin command prompt.
1. Enable DNS Redirection at LAN >> General Setup.
2. Create a LAN DNS profile, go to LAN >> LAN DNS, click Add to add a new profile, input profile name, and enable this profile.
3. There are two methods to set up the Domain Name, by IP and by CNAME, you may use either one of them.By IP
4. Verifying the settings: Go to www.google.com, we should see the message “SafeSearch has turned on”. (If it's not, try clearing the browser's cookies first)
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.