The WAN Budget feature is to help Network Administrator to manage the data usage on each WAN link in a specific period of time. It allows giving a quota of traffic for each WAN interface, and the router will send notification message or shut down the interface when reaching the limit.
1. To set up WAN Budget for a WAN interface, go to WAN >> WAN Budget. In General Setup, click on the WAN interface you would like set a budget.
2. Edit the profile as follows:
3. If you'd like to get E-mail or SMS notification when reaching the limit, click Notification Object to open the Object Settings >> Notification Object to create an object for WAN budget.
4. Click on an index number to edit, give a profile name then check Limit Reached. (NOTE: the router will send the notification when the usage reaches 95% and 100% of quota)
5. Also, go to Objects Setting >> SMS / Mail Service Object to set up Mail Server or SMS Provider.
6. Then, go back to the WAN budget settings and select the notification object we just created.
7. To monitor the current traffic, go to WAN >> WAN Budget. In Monitor Page, Administrator could check the usage of each Interface.
NOTE: Reboot the router, restore configuration or upgrading firmware with ".all" file will keep the traffic count. However, please note that the traffic counter will be reset when:
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry about that. Leave us some comments below to help us improve, or Contact Support if you need further assistance.