OpenVPN is the popular open-source software that can be run on different operating systems. For having better compatibility with the 3rd party VPN servers, Vigor Router starts supporting the OpenVPN Dial-Out function since firmware version 4.2.1. Of course, it is also possible to establish Open VPN LAN to LAN connection between Vigor Routers. This article demonstrates how to create an OpenVPN between two Vigor2765.
VPN Server (Dial-In) Settings
Go to VPN and Remote Access>>LAN to LAN and click an index available,
2. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> Remote Access Control and ensure the OpenVPN Service is enabled.
3.Confirm the current system time of the router is correct via System Maintenance >> Time and Date.
4. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> OpenVPN >> OpenVPN Server Setup:
5. Set up certificates
6. Go to the OpenVPN Client Configuration page:
Compatibility with stateful firewalls. The periodic ping will ensure that a stateful firewall rule which allows OpenVPN UDP packets to pass will not time out.
To provide a basis for the remote to test the existence of its peer.
7. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> SSL General Setup and select openvpn server as server certificate.
VPN Client (Dial-Out) Settings
8. Similarly, create a profile at VPN and Remote Access >> LAN to LAN
9. Vigor Router will pop up a message to notify the configuration import is successful. Click the VPN profile Index to continue setting up the VPN configurations.
10. Select Dial-Out for Call Direction, and enter the username and password.
11. For Remote Network IP and Mask, input the IP subnet used by the VPN Server and select the Mode as Routing.
12. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> Connection Management to check the Connection Status.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback :)
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.