Vigor2960/3900/300B support two-factor authentication to access WUI management since firmware version 1.5.0. This article demonstrates how to set up 2-Step Authentication for the router's management, and add a layer of security to the router. When 2-Step Authentication is enabled, the user will not only need the administrator password but also the Auth-Code sent to the specific receiver, to log into the router's management page.
Note: It's recommended to enable 2FA on one interface or additional Admin user first, and apply the setting to all interfaces or Admin users after verification.
1. Go to System Maintenance>>Administrator Password>>Administrator Advanced Authentication, and select the interface where the user logs in requires two-factor authentication.
Vigor2960/3900/300B support mail, SMS, mOTP and TOTP for 2-FA login, here we take mail and TOTP as example.
2. Go to Objects Setting>>Mail Service Object, and add a profile.
3. Back to System Maintenance>>Administrator Password>>Administrator Advanced Authentication, and enable Two-FA via Mail, and set receiver mail address
4. Login router WUI by admin password, next we will need to enter additional code to login from the authentication mail.
Note: Please make sure the time setting is correct on the router and mobile device.
5. Go to System Maintenance>>Administrator Password>>Administrator Advanced Authentication, and enable Two-FA via TOTP, click Generate Code, then click Apply.
6. Install Google Authenticator on the mobile device. Then enter TOTP Secret or scan the QR code.
7. Login router WUI by admin password, next we will need to enter the code on Google Authenticator to login router.
Vigor2960/3900/300B also support customized Admin user with 2-FA authentication, independent 2FA methods can be applied to each account.
Was this helpful?