This article demonstrates how to set up a route policy and specify the interface for the traffic which destined for a certain domain name, e.g., draytek.com, so that network administrator may ensure which gateway will the LAN clients use when they are accessing a website.
1. Go to Routing >> Load-Balance/ Route Policy, click on an available index number.
2. Enable this profile, and enter a comment. For Destination in the Criteria field, choose "Domain Name" and enter the domain to which this rule should apply.
3. Select the Interface to which the filtered traffic should take, then click OK to apply.
4. Now, we may use "tracert" command to check which route did the packet take when accessing the domain.
1. Go to Objects Setting >> Keyword / DNS Object >> DNS Object tab. Click Add to create a new profile.
2. Name the profile, enter the full domain name of the website in Member Table, then click Apply to save.
3. Go to Routing >> Policy Route to add a policy rule as follows:
4. With the above configuration, all the traffic that destined to www.draytek.com should be routed to WAN 2. We may use the traceroute command on the LAN hosts to verify this.