Terms of Service
Last updated: Apr 20, 2018
Personal data Collection notification
This Statement is made by DrayTek Corp. (“DrayTek”) in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act in Taiwan and with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) in EU. This Statement intends to notify you why your personal data is collected, how it will be used, to whom the personal data will be transferred and to whom data access requests are to be addressed.
Types of Personal Data Held
IP address, Hostname/Domain, email address, telephone, fax, address and any other personal information shown in the email communication.
Collection - Why We Collect Your Data
We may collect your personal data to provide our services to you and in an effort to improve your customer experience. You are not obliged to provide your personal data to us but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you with some of the information, partnership agreement, marketing materials, services and/or products of DrayTek Corp.
We will indicate in the relevant forms or applications if the required personal data is for obligatory or voluntary purposes. If personal data is to be used for an obligatory purpose, you MUST provide your personal data to us if you want us to provide the service for which you are applying. If personal data is only to be used for a voluntary purpose, you can tell us not to use your personal data for that purpose and we will refrain from doing so.
If you are under the age of 16, you must ask your parent or guardian before providing any personal data to us.
Use - How Your Data May Be Used
Personal data held by us will be used:
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription.
- Sending marketing communications.
- Enabling the use of certain features of our Solutions.
- Personalizing your experience.
- Providing customer service.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
As DrayTek is a global organization, we may transfer your personal information to DrayTek business partners that are located in various countries around the world. By using our websites and Solutions or providing any personal information to us, where applicable law permits, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of such information outside of your county of residence where data protection standards may be different.
We may share personal information in the following ways:
- Within DrayTek and any of our worldwide subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage.
- With DrayTek business partners or vendors, so that they may share information with you about their products or services.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested Solution, service or transaction. Examples include but are not limited to: processing of orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of DrayTek, its business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Personal Data Security
We strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
Retention of Data
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
Your personal data will be kept in the headquarter of DrayTek Corp. or by the service providers engaged by DrayTek Corp. and are accessible only to our authorized employees and service providers.
Data Access/Correction/Deletion Requests
After offering personal data to us, you may exercise the following rights;
- Request of the data copies, queries and viewing
- Request additions or corrections or stop collecting, processing or delete.
- If you wish to access or correct your personal data held by us, please send your request to:
No. 26 Fu Shin Road, Hu Kou County,
Hsin Chu Industrial Park, Hsin Chu Taiwan 303 R.O.C.
If you think that your data has been misused or that the organization holding it hasn’t kept it secure, you should contact us immediately.
If you’re don’t get a reasonable answer from us, you can send a complaint to your national data protection authority.
Search in the list of national data protection authorities.