Flexibility to choose different Internet feeds and load-balance and redundancy
- Dual WAN load-balance and redundancy (broadband)
- USB 2.0 port as WAN 3 (3G/4G USB mobile broadband)
- Object-based firewall with Web Content Filtering
- Bandwidth management with intelligent VoIP Qos
- 16 VPN tunnels with VPN failover (backup)
- TR-069 Central Management via the VigorACS SI
- Support IPv6 and IPv4 networks
- Smart Monitor Traffic Analyzer (Up to 30 nodes)
- 802.11n wireless LAN (Vigor2912n only)
- Support DrayDDNS since firmware v3.8.5
- ACS SI
- Smart Monitor
- SSL VPN
The Vigor2912 Series designed for the small office applications helps your businesses achieve the goals of business growth, innovation and responsiveness.
This ideal VPN/firewall router replaces the simple Wi-Fi router offered by ISPs. The dual WAN load-balance and redundancy ensures your office to stay connected. The network security is realized by robust firewall and Web Content Filtering. All your subscribed bandwidth can be smoothly allocated to the essential applications (e.g. VoIP) by the advanced QoS.
The VPN tunnels cover the needs of the inter-office / remote access via multiple protocols. The secure Wi-Fi network enables the office environment ready for the trend of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) to enhance the productivity. At last but not least, the Vigor2912 Series supports the IPv6 for the seamless migration.
Models & Connectors
|Temperature||Operating : 0°C ~ 45°C
Storage : -25°C ~ 70°C
|Humidity||10% ~ 90% ( non-condensing )|
|Power Adapter||DC 12V/1A|
|Max. Power||10 watt|
|Dimension||220(L) x 160(W) x 36(H) mm|
The Vigor2912 Series offers two fast Ethernet ports as WAN interface (LAN port 1 can be configured as WAN 2.). You have the flexibility to choose different Internet feeds based on the local High Speed Internet plan offered by the ISP and get the reliable connection via dual WAN load-balance and redundancy.
As enabling both WAN 1 and WAN 2, 2 WANs share Internet traffic requirements of your organization (load-balance). During downtime, you will always have an access to the Internet even if one of the WAN fails (redundancy).
The USB port can be used for the connection of 3G/4G mobile broadband dongle as the USB WAN (WAN 3). The USB WAN interface can also be the primary access if the local fixed line service hasn’t been deployed yet. Another two popular applications are the FTP drive and network printers for the office.
The Vigor2912 Series supports Object-based SPI firewall to set of Call/Data Filters and DoS/DDoS prevention. You can use pre-define objects or groups for IP, service type, keyword, file extension, etc., and mix these with the Time Scheduler or the VLAN groups as required.
The Web Content Filter, powered by the CYREN Web WCF of Content Security Management (CSM) eases configurations to prevent access to inappropriate sites. The IM/P2P/Protocol filter and URL Content Filter are also available in CSM. Your network security is fully managed by the Vigor2912 Series.
Small offices normally choose the affordable Internet plan instead of increasing the bandwidth over 100Mbps. Hence, how to reserve and prioritize bandwidth for the essential applications is critical to operation. The Vigor2912 Series has VoIP QoS to guarantee the priority for VoIP calls automatically once VoIP calls was detected.
In addition to QoS, you can manage the bandwidth consumption of every employee based on the individual IP via Session Limit and Bandwidth Limit. The Smart Bandwidth Limit allows you to only set bandwidth reservation for PCs operated essential tasks. Other PCs have the session limitation to prevent the inappropriate usages (e.g. P2P download).
Once exceeding the limitation, their speed rates will be downgrade to your customized numbers. You can guarantee all subscribed bandwidth to have proper usage.
The Vigor2912 series support up to 16 LAN-to-LAN VPN tunnels secure remote data access, such as inter-office, or home-office communication with multi-protocols: PPTP /IPSec/L2P/L2TP over IPSec.
Its advanced AES/DES/3DES encryption and IKE Authentication provide you with strong security. The dual WAN feature can not only allow you to run load-balancing but also backup. If the main VPN fail, the second VPN takes over.
The "User Management" implemented on your router firmware can allow you to prevent any computer from accessing your Internet connection without a username or password. You can set scheduler or maximum usage time to your employees within office network. The user accounts can also be restricted by any other aspect of the firewall rule on a user-by-user basis.
Vigor2912 series support DrayTek’s SmartMonitor network traffic analyzer (up to 30 users), which captures actual live data of activities in your managed network, such as the content of MSN entering to or out of your network.
You can track specified files download/upload or view statistics on data type activities to realize what corporate related information have been released accidentally or on purpose. If your main office self-hosts VigorACS SI central management, your Vigor2912 series can be remotely managed for firmware upgrade, alarm of disconnection, VPN establishment and other settings.
The Wi-Fi access is fully protected by security and encryption protocols, including WEP/WPA/WPA2, MAC Address Control, Multiple SSID, Wireless LAN Isolation, Wireless VLAN and 802.1x Authentication. You can ensure only authorized devices to access the Wi-Fi network and separate guest and corporate network via SSID.
The Wireless Rate Control function allows connection rates for each network device to be individually managed as required. The WMM (Wi-Fi Multi-Media) function allows setting of priority levels for various applications: voice, video, data, etc., so time-critical applications can be assigned higher priority levels. Furthermore, WDS (Wireless Distribution System) function allows you to extend the wireless coverage distance easily.
The "SSID VLAN grouping with LAN port" settings will allow each of the wireless SSIDs to be grouped within one of the VLANs.
The WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia) keeps the priority of voice, video and audio applications in a Wi-Fi network.
With "Wireless/Station Control" deployed on the f/w 3.7.5 of Vigor2912n, you can let some cafe and small shops offer free "Wi-Fi" Internet but you still can register the Mac Addresses of their smart phone or tablet PCs.
1. WAN Feature
- IPv4- DHCP Client, Static IP, PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP, 802.1p/q Multi-VLAN Tagging
- IPv6- Tunnel Mode: PPP, TSPC, AICCU, 6in4, 6rd
Dual Stack:DHCPv6 Client, Static IPv6, DSLite*
- USB WAN
- Outbound Policy-based Load-balance
- WAN Connection Failover
- 30,000 NAT Sessions
- Multi-NAT, DMZ Host, Port-Redirection and Open Port
- Object-based Firewall
- MAC Address Filter
- SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) (Flow Track)
- DoS/DDoS Prevention
- IP Address Anti-spoofing
- E-mail Alert and Logging via Syslog
- Bind IP to MAC Address
- Time Schedule Control
- IPv6 Firewall
- User Management
- Up to 16 VPN Tunnels
- Protocol : PPTP, IPSec, L2TP, L2TP over IPSec
- Encryption : MPPE and Hardware-based AES/DES/3DES
- Authentication : MD5, SHA-1
- IKE Authentication : Pre-shared key and Digital Signature (X.509)
- LAN-to-LAN, Host-to-LAN
- IPsec NAT-traversal (NAT-T)
- Dead Peer Detection (DPD)
- VPN Backup Mode
- DHCP over IPSec
- VPN Pass-through
- VPN Wizard
- Printer Sharing
- File Sharing:
- Support FAT32 File System
- Support FTP Function for File Sharing
- Support Samba for File Sharing
- 3.5G (HSDPA)/4G (LTE)* as WAN3
5. Bandwidth Management
- QoS :
- Guarantee Bandwidth for VoIP (VoIP Qos)
- Class-based Bandwidth Guarantee by User-defined Traffic Categories
- DiffServ Code Point Classifying
- 4-level Priority for Each Direction (Inbound/Outbound)
- Bandwidth Borrowed
- Bandwidth/Session Limitation
- Layer-3 (TOS/DSCP) QoS Mapping
Smart Bandwidth Limitation (Triggered by Traffic/Session)
6. Network Management
- Web-based User Interface (HTTP/HTTPS)
- Quick Start Wizard
- CLI (Command Line Interface, Telnet/SSH)
- Administration Access Control
- Configuration Backup/Restore
- Built-in Diagnostic Function
- Firmware Upgrade via TFTP/FTP/HTTP/TR-069
- Logging via Syslog
- SNMP V2/V3
- Management Session Time Out
- Two-level Management (Admin/User Mode)
- External Device
- Support Smart Monitor (Up to 30 PCs)
7. Content Security Management
- IM/P2P Application
- URL Content Filter :
- URL Keyword Blocking (White List and Black List)
- Java Applet, Cookies, Active X, Compressed, Executable, Multimedia File Blocking
- Excepting Subnets
- GlobalView Web Content Filter (Powered by )
8. Network Features
- DHCP Client/Relay/Server
- RADVD for IPv6
- DHCPv6 Server
- Static IPv6 Address Configuration
- IGMP Proxy V2/V3
- IGMP Snooping
- Dynamic DNS
- NTP Client
- RADIUS Client
- DNS Cache/Proxy
- UPnP 30 Sessions
- Routing Protocol:
- Static Routing
- RIP V2
- VLAN Tagging(802.1q) on LAN*
- Support Config Converter from Vigor2910 v126.96.36.199
10. Wireless AP ( Vigor2912n Only )
- IEEE802.11n Compliant (2.4GHz)
- Wireless Client List
- Wireless Isolation
- Wireless Security
- WEP 64/128 bit
- 802.1x Authentication
- Hidden SSID
- Multiple SSID
- Wireless MAC Address Filter
- Access Point Discovery
- WDS (Wireless Distribution System)
- SSID VLAN Grouping with LAN Port
- Wireless Rate-control
- All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. Products may not be available in all markets.
- PCB color and bundled software versions are subject to change without notice.
- Brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.