GlobalView Web Content Filter
Commtouch's GlobalView URL Filtering solution
- Zero-Hour Security for identifying outbreaks on their way to users, instead of reacting to their pain.
- Innovative Data Cloud Technology for overcoming local storage limitations and satisfying customers'' specific needs.
- Unparalleled Accuracy :
- Customer-oriented classification triggered by every new site customers browse.
- Routine analysis of site dynamics and user behavior determines scan granularity.
- Continuous tracking ensures exact classification of each URL at every moment.
Commtouch's GlobalView URL Filtering solution leverages its unique "in the cloud" infrastructure to provide unprecedented breadth of web coverage. The solution localizes responses specifically to the needs of end-customers, avoiding the "one size fits all" approach of traditional solutions. With nearly two decades in the email security industry, Commtouch provides matchless insight into threats, blocking harmful sites at the zero hour, often long before users are exposed to them.
|Reason to Block||Example|
|Dangerous||Virus-ridden or Malware|
|Harmful||Sexual Webs for kids|
|Inappropriate||Downloads of some illegal contents|
Enable real-time protection from emerging Web threats including malware, phishing and Zombies/bots
- HR compliance/regulation
Prevent browsing to questionable content like pornography and hate sites
Block or monitors sites to maximize employee productivity
- Bandwidth regulation
Identify sites that consume an organization’s bandwidth (e.g. movies, music)
- Parental control
Restrict access to inappropriate Web sites
|Silver||SMB||Vigor2952 / Vigor2960 / Vigor300B / Vigor3220 / Vigor3900|
|A||Small Office||Vigor2862 / Vigor2925 / Vigor2926 / BX2000|
|B||SOHO/Home||Vigor2120 / Vigor2132ac / Vigor2132FVn / Vigor2133 / Vigor2762 / Vigor2912|
Benefits of GlobalView Web Content Filter
DrayTek offers the trial license for Commtouch GlobalView Web Content Filter in compatible Vigor routers (Duration: one month after activation). You would need to activate the trial license through Service Activation Wizard procedure on MyVigor portal.
The official one-year Commtouch GlobalView Web Content Filter license can be purchased through your local authorized DrayTek resellers. You still need to activate license on MyVigor portal after purchasing. Please contact your local authorized DrayTek reseller for the product availability.
Commtouch is merged by Cyren and GlobalView services will be continued to deliver powerful cloud-based information security solutions!
- 64 categories – 8 of which are security related
- Language- and content-agnostic; vast coverage of international sites
- Database contains hundreds of millions of the most relevant URLs
- Auto-adjusting cache
- Handles >50,000 requests per second with low resource utilization
- Returns up to 5 categories per URL
- Confgurable cache footprint
- Support http
The Commtouch GlobalView WCF license key is not for free downloading.
We hence provide the PDF instructions for you if you purchase the said license key through your local authorized resellers.
Commtouch GlobalView URL Filtering categorizes user URL requests in the following manner:
- The GlobalView URLF engine is installed on DrayTek devices.
- DrayTek device receives an http request.
- DrayTek device queries the GlobalView server to check the URL classification. The GlobalView URL engine first checks its local cache for URL values; typically more than 99% of queries are locally resolved by the cache.
If necessary, the GlobalView URLF engine queries the Commtouch Detection and Classification Center for relevant updates.
- DrayTek device blocks, allows or strips content according to the class classification it receives from the GlobalView URLF engine.
URL filtering objectives
Vigor series with Commtouch Detection & Classification