- Home »
- Preguntas Frecuente »
- VPN »
- Others »
- [Vigor3900] How to do port redirection to a host on remote network?
[Vigor3900] How to do port redirection to a host on remote network?
Vigor Routers support open port (or port redirection, port forwarding) to a remote host. This document will introduce how to establish a VPN between two Vigor3900, and set up port redirection to a host on the remote network.
(This article applies to Vigor3900 and Vigor2960, for other models, please refer to the article here)
Configuring the VPN server
1. Enable VPN service from VPN and Remote Access >> Remote Access Control.
2. Create a user profile for VPN connection. Go to User Management >> User Profile >> User Profile,
- Add a profile and enter Username and Password for VPN client to login
- Enable PPTP Dial-in in PPTP/L2TP/SSL Server
3. Set PPTP Dial-in: Go to VPN and Remote Access >> VPN Profiles >> PPTP Dial-in,
- Add a profile and select the profile created in step 2
- Enter Local IP/Subnet Mask as VPN server's LAN network
- Add Remote IP/Subnet Mask as VPN client's LAN network.
Configuring the VPN client
4. Create a profile for VPN connection: Go to VPN and Remote Access >> VPN Profiles >> PPTP Dial-out
- Add a profile and enter Server IP as VPN server's public IP.
- Enter Username and Password as the same in VPN server's profile.
- Enter Local IP/Subnet Mask as VPN client's LAN network.
- Add Remote IP/Subnet Mask as VPN server's LAN network.
5. Establish VPN connection: Go to VPN and Remote Access >> Connection Management >> Connection Management,
- Select PPTP and profile created
- Click Connect, and it will be displayed in VPN Connection Status if VPN establish successfully.
Configuring Port Redirection
6.Go to NAT >> Port Redirection at VPN server to add a profile,
- Enter Public Port
- Enter Private IP as the remote host's IP.
- Enter Private Port as the port to which remote host is listening
After setting is finished, the remote host can be accessed by the VPN server's WAN IP.