- Home »
- Preguntas Frecuente »
- VoIP »
- SIP Gateway »
- How to dial VoIP phone call via IP address with Dial Plan?
How to dial VoIP phone call via IP address with Dial Plan?
In VoIP network, a caller is able to call a VoIP peer by dialing the SIP account number and the SIP server's WAN IP (or domain name), however, it's not convenient for a traditional phone to dial an IP address or domain name string. But with Dial Plan configured, the Vigor VoIP models can interpret the numbers dialed by the caller, and transfer those number into a pre-defined dial string, which will make it easier for VoIP users to make a call.
This note is going to demonstrate how to use Dial Plan for VoIP phone calls between a Vigor2760Vn and Vigor2925Vac. The scenario is as follows.
1. Set up a SIP account on Vigor2760, go to VoIP >> SIP Accounts and click an available index, and edit the profile as follows:
- Type Profile Name
- Type Display Name and Account Number/Name
- Select which phone port will ring when this account receive an incoming call
- Click OK to save
2. Similarly, set up a SIP account on Vigor2925.
3. Set up Dial Plan on Vigor2760. Go to VoIP >> DialPlan >> Phone Book, click an available index and edit the profile as follows:
- Check Enable
- For Phone Number, type the number which VoIP users should dial to call the VoIP peer on Vigor2925
- Enter a Display name
- Type the VoIP peer's SIP account and the WAN IP or domain name of Vigor2925 in SIP URL
- Select the account created in the previous step as Dial Out Account
4. Similarly, set up Dial Plan on Vigor2925.
Now, when a VoIP user on Vigor2760 dials number "2-9-2-5", router will use the account "2760" to call [email protected] On the other hand, when a VoIP user of Vigor2925 dials number "2-7-6-0", router will use the account "2925" to call [email protected]