- Home »
- Preguntas Frecuente »
- VoIP »
- SIP Gateway »
- How to use Phone Book to make calls to the VPN remote network?
How to use Phone Book to make calls to the VPN remote network?
This note provides a instruction on how to make call through a VPN tunnel. Take the following network for example: There's a SIP account "777"on Vigor2760's LAN, and another SIP account "555" on Vigor2830's LAN, Vigor2760 and Vigor2830 are connected by a VPN tunnel.
Before configuring VoIP, please check VPN status in VPN and Remote Access >> Connection Management to make sure that the VPN is established. To establish VPN tunnel between to Vigor routers, please refer to FAQ / Application Notes >VPN > LAN-to-LAN VPN > Vigor to Vigor
Configuring the Vigor2760
1. Go to VoIP >> SIP Accounts, and click an available index to create SIP account, and edit the account as follows:
- Give it a Profile Name
- Select None for Register via
- Enter the Display Name, Account Number/Name, Authentication ID, and Password
- Type the LAN IP of Vigor2760 for Domain/Realm and Proxy
- Click OK to apply the settings
2. Go to VoIP >> DialPlan >> Phone Book and click an available index, edit the phone book as follows:
- Enable this profile
- Type Phone Number and Display Name of the SIP account on Vigor2830
- Type SIP URL as the LAN IP of Vigor2830
- Click OK to apply
Configuring the Vigor2830
3. Similar to step 1, create a SIP account on Vigor2830
5. Similar to step 2, create a Phone Book with the information of SIP account on Vigor2760.
Now, we are able to make VoIP calls through the VPN tunnel!