- Home »
- Preguntas Frecuente »
- Security »
- Content Security Management (CSM) »
- [Vigor3900] How to enable Google SafeSearch (by using LAN DNS)?
[Vigor3900] How to enable Google SafeSearch (by using LAN DNS)?
Google Search offers SafeSearch filtering service which can help us to block inappropriate or explicit images from Google Search results. The examples below will show you how to force LAN networks to enable Google SafeSearch by LAN DNS feature on Vigor2960.
(This article applies to Vigor3900, Vigor2960, and Vigor300B, for other models, please refer to the article here)
1. Enable DNS Redirection in LAN >> General Setup.
2. Create a LAN DNS profile, go to LAN >> LAN DNS, click Add to add a new profile, input profile name, and enable this profile.
3. There are two methods to set up Domain Name, you may use either one of the following methods.
Method 1: By IP
- Input www.google.* as Domain Name
- Select “IP” as Type
- Input the 184.108.40.206 as IP address, which is the virtual IP for Google SafeSearch (Note that the IP address may change, you may confirm the IP address by nslookup “forcesafesearch.google.com” in Command Prompt.
Method 2: by CNAME
- Input www.google.com or www.google.com.tw as Domain name. (Wildcard * is not supported in CNAME mode yet.)
- Select "CNAME" as Type
- Input forcesafesearch.google.com as CNAME. By using CNAME, the rrouter will resolve forcesafesearch.google.com automatically
4. After set up the domain name, click Apply to apply the LAN DNS settings.
Verifying the settings
First, we need to clear Browser's cookies on client devices.
Then try browse www.google.com.tw, in the browser, we can see the message “SafeSearch has turned on”.
Try to search the inappropriate keyword “porn” and we can see the content has been blocked by Google SafeSearch.