Google Could Platform supports IPsec VPN, this allows users to link the platform to their private network with a secured connection, and add a layer of protection to the data transferring. This article demonstrates how to establish a VPN connection between Vigor Router and the Google platform.
1. Enter the Google Cloud Platform, Go to Menu > Hybrid Connectivity and click VPN.
2. Click Create VPN Connection.
3. Select the Region based on your location, then click IP address.
4. Name the IP address and click RESERVE.
5. In tunnel settings,
6. Click Network for the VPN interface just created.
7. The network of this project will be shown, copy the IP address range of the region you select in step 3.
8. Go to VPN and Remote Access> LAN to LAN, click on an available index.
9. Select "IPsec Tunnel" for Allowed Dial-In Type. At TCP/IP Network Settings, input the IP and subnet mask copied from step 6 in Remote network IP and Remote Network Mask. And the IP of the local subnet you want to link to Google Cloud at Local Network IP and Local Network Mask.
10. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> IPsec General Setup, enter the Pre-shared key as the same as the shared secret of step 5.
11. After the configuration, VPN should be established automatically. We will see the VPN information at Remote Access >> Connection Management.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.