- Home »
- FAQ »
- VPN »
- SSL VPN »
- How to import the Root CA of Vigor Router to smart phones' trusted certificate list?
How to import the Root CA of Vigor Router to smart phones' trusted certificate list?
This note is going to demonstrate how to add the router's Root CA to smart phones' trusted certificate list, so that while establishing an SSL VPN to Vigor Router with Smart VPN app, the smart phones can assure the authenticity of the certificate provided by the VPN server.
1. Make sure the Time and Date settings of the router are correct.
2. Go to Certificate Management >> Trusted CA Certificate, and click Create Root CA
- Select type None for Subject Alternative Name
- Fill out the contents including location, organization, name and Email.
- Select key size as 2048 Bit for stronger security
- Click Generate to generate the Root CA
3. After Root CA is generated, click Export to export the Root CA, then send it to iPhone via E-mail.
Import to iPhone
1. Open the .crt file in the mail on iPhone.
2. Tap Install to install the certificate.
Passcode is required for the installation
3. Ignore the warning and install the profile.
The Root CA is verified after the installation.
4. Open Setup of your iPhone, go to General >> About >> Certificate Trust Settings page, set to trust the Root CA installed in the previous step.
Now we can use "Verify RootCA" verification level in the Smart VPN App.
Import to Android
1. Download the Root CA
2. Open the crt. file and use it for VPN and apps, then tab OK
Now we can Enable server certificate authentication on Smart VPN