Vigor3900/2960 can act as a DHCP Relay Agent, which can let LAN clients obtain IP addresses from the other DHCP server, probably in another LAN subnet, or even in a remote network over VPN tunnel. DHCP Relay over VPN tunnel makes the network not be limited by location, and allows network administrator in a global company to manage all the branch offices by the single DHCP server. We’ll demonstrate how to set up Vigor3900 to relay DHCP requests to the DHCP server on 192.168.197.10 for example here.
(This article applies to Vigor 3900 and Vigor 2960. For other models, please refer to the article here.)
1. Establish a VPN tunnel between local and remote network. The process of creating a VPN please refer to the VPN category which is under the Support >> FAQ / Application Note on our web site.
2. After the VPN established, go to VPN and Remote Access >> VPN profiles, then double click the profile.
3. Click Advanced tab.
4. Enable the Multicast via VPN in order to use DHCP relay, then click Apply to save the settings.
1. After finished the VPN settings, go to LAN >> General Setup, select the LAN profile you’d like to set DHCP relay then click Edit.
2. Disable the DHCP Server of the LAN profile, and click Apply. Or you can disable the feature while you are creating the LAN profile.
3. Go to the DHCP Relay tab.
4. Select the LAN profile you'd like to set DHCP Relay then click Edit.
5. Enable the profile, select VPN as the DHCP Server Location, enter the IP address of the DHCP server as the DHCP Server IP, and click Apply to save the settings.
Now, the LAN client can get the IP address from the remote DHCP server through VPN tunnel. You can use "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew" in the command prompt to renew your IP address.
The scope of application of privacy protection policy
Personal data collection, processing and use
When you visit this website or use the functional services provided on this website, we will ask your necessary personal information and use it within that specific purpose; without your agreement in writing this website will not use your personal data for any other purpose.
When you use interactive features such as mailboxes and surveys, this site will retain your name, e-mail address, contact information and usage time.
In normal browsing, the server will record the relevant actions, including the IP address of the device you are using, the time of use, the browser you are using, the browsing and data logging, etc., as a reference for our website services. This record for internal applications will not be announced.
Statistics and analysis of collected questionnaires, statistics or descriptive text of the results will be provided for accurate service. In addition to internal research, statistical data and descriptive text will be published if it is necessary. The information published excludes information on specific individuals.
The protection of information
The website hosts are equipped with firewall, anti-virus system and other related information security equipment and the necessary security measures to protect the site and your personal information with strict protection measures. Only authorized personnel can access your Personal data. The relevant processing personnel are signed confidentiality contract, if there is breach of confidentiality obligations, will be subject to the relevant legal punishment.
In the event that it is necessary to entrust other units to provide services for business purposes, the Site will strictly require compliance with the confidentiality obligations and take the necessary inspection procedures to ensure that it will comply.
External links to the site
The policy of sharing personal information with the third party
This website will not provide, exchange, rent or sell any of your personal information to other individuals, groups, private enterprises or public agencies. However the legal basis or contractual obligations are excluded.
The foregoing proviso includes, but not limited to:
The use of Cookie
Please read this Term of Use Agreement ("Terms") carefully before you register to get the Firmware and Technical article Update Notice.
Acceptance of Terms
Privacy and Protection of Personal Information
Third Party Sites
The service may contain links to other Internet websites or online and mobile services provided by independent third parties.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Taiwan, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.