Windows with Smart VPN Client to Vigor3900 – PPTP/ L2TP
Support Model : Vigor2960Vigor3900
- Tags :
This document introduces how to create a Host-to-LAN PPTP/ L2TP VPN from PC to Vigor3900. There will be two parts of setting: on Vigor 3900 and on PC.
(This article applies to Vigor3900 and Vigor2960, for other models, refer to the article here)
Configuring the Vigor3900
Navigate to User Management >> User Profile, click Add to add a new profile,
2. Configure the following settings:
- Enable the profile.
- Type Username and Password.
- Enable PPTP and L2TP.
- Then click Apply to save the User profile.
3. If you would like to change the authentication type and encryption type, please go to VPN and Remote Access >> PPP General Setup.
4. If the DHCP server on Vigor3900 is disabled, you must enable Specify Remote Dial In IP in the LAN>> General Setup >> DHCP Tab.
5. Or set Static IP Address in the User Profile. Otherwise, PPTP/ L2TP VPN cannot be created successfully.
Configuring Smart VPN Client for PPTP VPN
1. Run Smart VPN Client and click Insert to create a new VPN profile.
2. Set up VPN configuration:
- Enter Profile Name
- Enter VPN server IP as Vigor3900's WAN IP.
- Enter User Name and Password.
- Set Type of VPN as PPTP
- Set PPTP Encryption as Require encryption.
- Set Authentication Method as the same method set in Vigor3900 PPTP authenticate method.
3. Click Connect, and a window will pop up for confirming the Username and Password. Please click OK.
4. PPTP connection is established.
Configuring Smart VPN Client for L2TP VPN
The L2TP connection setup is similar to the one for PPTP, but there are only two extra configurations are required when running Smart VPN Client for the first time.
1. Please click Configure, and then enable L2TP service.
2. It will request for a system reboot for making the configuration work.
3. After System is booting up, L2TP Protocol is selectable.