- Home »
- FAQ »
- VPN »
- Host to LAN »
- How to establish VPN connection from Ubuntu to Vigor Router via PPTP?
How to establish VPN connection from Ubuntu to Vigor Router via PPTP?
Support Model :
- Tags :
Virtual Private Network (VPN) lets users access the private network remotely. This note demonstrates how to set up Vigor Router as a PPTP VPN server for Ubuntu, and how to establish a PPTP VPN from Ubuntu to the private network of Vigor Router. Currently, only PPTP is supported natively between Vigor Rotuer and Ubuntu.
Vigor Router Settings
- Go to VPN and Remote Access >> Remote Dial-In User, and click an available index
2. Enable this account and enter username/password, make sure you have enabled PPTP in Allowed Dial-in Type.
- Open System Settings >> Network
2. Click '+' to create a new VPN interface
3. Select PPTP as VPN connection type
4. Enter Gateway, which is VPN server IP or domain, and username/password created on Vigor router
5. Click Advanced, and use MPPE to have higher security
6. Switch on the VPN connection
We can check VPN status on VPN and Remote Access >> Connection Management after VPN is successfully connected.