- Home »
- FAQ »
- VPN »
- Host to LAN »
- How to establish VPN connection from iOS to Vigor Router via IKEv2?
How to establish VPN connection from iOS to Vigor Router via IKEv2?
Modify from the previous version IKEv1, IKEv2 is a new VPN protocol and has lots of improvements then the former. It is more stable, more secure and faster connection establishing speed. Support newer and more complicated secure ciphers to make the connection more secure. Using new connection progress and discard the PPP, IKEv2 provides the faster establishing speed.
This article demonstrates how to establish IKEv2 VPN connection between Vigor Router and iOS devices. The article will be separated into two parts, first is the setting of Vigor router, and the second is the setting on the iOS.
(This article applies to most of the models. For Vigor3900 and Vigor2960, please refer to the article here.)
Vigor Router Configuration
1. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> IPsec General Setup,
a. Give a Pre-Shared Key
b. Click OK
2. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> Remote Dial-in User and click an available index,
a. Enable this account
b. Allow IPsec Tunnel
c. Click OK
3. Go to Settings >> General >> VPN and tap Add VPN Configuration
- Select IKEv2 as Type
- Type WAN IP or domain name of Vigor Router as Server and Remote ID
- Select None as User Authentication
- Disable Use Certificate
- Type in Pre-shared key as Secret
- Tap Done
4. Tap the switch of Status to connect IKEv2 VPN tunnel
After VPN is successfully connected, we can check the status at VPN and Remote Access >> Connection Management >> Remote Dial-in User Status page.