iPhone to Vigor Router - L2TP over IPsec
Support Model :
- Tags :
Virtual Private Network (VPN) enables users to access the private network remotely. This note demonstrates how to set up Vigor Router as a L2TP VPN server for iPhone, and how we can establish a L2TP VPN from iPhone and connect to the private network of Vigor Router.
Vigor Router Setup
1. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> Remote Access Control Setup, and make sure IPSec VPN Service and L2TP VPN Service are both enable.
2. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> Remote Dial-in User, click on an index number and create a new account as follows:
- Enable this account
- Select Dial-in type as "L2TP" and also select "Must" for IPsec Policy
- Enter username and password, which will be used in iPhone VPN setting later.
- Click OK to save
3. Create VPN IKE Pre-Shared Key: Go to VPN and Remote Access >> IPsec General Setup, enter Pre-Shared Key and confirm it again. Click OK to save
4. In iPhone main page, go to Settings >> VPN and tap Add VPN Configuration.
- Select Type and Description as "L2TP"
- Enter Server IP address as the WAN IP of Vigor Router
- Enter Account and Password, which are the username and password set in Vigor Router in step 2.
- Enter Secret as the Pre-Shared Key set in step 3.
- Tap Done to save the settings
Connect iPhone to Vigor Router
5. Once we finish the above settings, select the profile and switch on VPN connection. When the VPN connected successfully, there will be a "VPN" icon on the top of the screen. We can also tap the profile to see more details, such as assigned IP address and connect time.
6. We can also check the connection status from Vigor Router. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> Connection Management, the table shows one established connection via L2TP, its virtual network, and further details.