How do we define model name of switches?
Nowadays, most companies have a huge network, which contains IoT devices, IP cameras etc. This article will let you know how do we define our model name of switches. You can choose the products that most suitable for your network.
1. Port spec of the switch
First two letters indicate the port spec of the switch model.
- G: The port in the switch support up to 1 Gbps.
- P: The port in the switch support PoE.
- X: The port in the switch support up to 10 Gbps.
- F: The port in the switch support Fiber feature.
2. Management type of the switch
The first digit refers to the management type.
For the differences between management types:
Please refer to Differences between Switch types
3. Port numbers
After that, two digits shows the number of the port
4. Serial number
The last digit is the serial number
5. Uplink Spec
Some of the models have a lowercase letter behind, which is the uplink spec.
For example, P2280 is a PoE model with L2 management and 28 ports.