How to upgrade VigorACS 2 from VigorACS SI on Windows?
For our original user of VigorACS SI, we promise you that you could upgrade VigorACS 2 directly. The database of VigorACS 2 is compatible with VigorACS SI, so you could keep all your data through upgrading. If you still have unexpired license of VigorACS SI, we'll convert the remaining license of VigorACS SI to VigorACS 2 automatically on MyVigor.
- Once install VigorACS 2 on a machine, you cannot downgrade to VigorACS SI. Please check the compatible CPE list and hardware requirement from our website first.
- VigorACS 2 can only run on the 64-bits platform. Please make sure you have the 64-bit operating system.
- Please contact your local distributor to get the installation file of the latest version VigorACS 2.
(This article is for upgrading the VigorACS 2 on Windows platform. If you are running VigorACS SI on Linux platform, please refer to this article for upgrading on Linux device.)
Shutdown and remove VigorACS SI/Java services
1. The database will remain after the upgrading, however, we still strongly recommend to backup the database of VigorACS SI before you start to perform upgrading, to prevent any failure during upgrading. Please refer to How to backup the database of VigorACS SI? for further information.
2. Shut-down your VigorACS SI services first.
3. Remove the VigorACS SI and java. (Please do not remove mariaDB if you want to keep all the data on VigorACS SI.)
Install Java (OpenJDK)
Extract the installation package and install OpenJDK first (Path: \ACS\Software), then click Next and go through the installed process.
Install the VigorACS 2
1. Install VigorACS 2 (Path: \ACS\ACS):
a. Chose the path to the directory of MySQL.
b. Choose "Upgrade Database" to keep the data. "Rebuild Database" will clear the database.
c.Enter the MySQL password of the MariaDB root password which specify on VigorACS SI.
d. Setup VigorACS 2 HTTP and HTTPS port, you could put the same port number as VigorACS SI so that you don't need to change original firewall or open port setting.
3. After installation, you should see the message shows VigorACS 2 started successfully.
Access VigorACS 2 and activate the license
1. To access VigorACS 2, launch a browser and type the IP or the domain name of the PC with the port number on the URL, then you'll see VigorACS 2 login page. (If you are using the PC that has VigorACS 2 installed, you may just enter "localhost" with the port number.)
Since VigorACS 2 is using the original database of VigorACS SI, you can login with the original username and password.
2. Once you attempt to login VigorACS 2, you'll see the warning message. Press Activate button, then the browser will redirect to MyVigor login page. Login the MyVigor account who owns the original VigorACS SI server.
3. MyVigor will detect and convert your license from VigorACS SI to VigorACS 2 automatically, we only need to press "ON" button to activate the license again.
4. Finally, we could enjoy the new design of VigorACS 2 from now on!