How to schedule reboot your CPEs via VigorACS 2?
Network administrator is able to schedule CPE reboot by VigorACS 2. This article is going to demonstrate how to configure schedule reboot on VigorACS 2.
Configure the Reboot Profile
1. Go System Menu > Maintenance > Device Reboot, switch to Reboot Settings Profile tab and click Add to create/configure the profile:
- Name: Specify the name for your backup profile
- Period(days): Specify how long should the reboot be triggered. If you setup the period as 7 days, it means the CPE will backup the file every week. Please notice that the reboot will only execute one time (for each CPE) every day.
- Now: ACS will reboot CPE when receives the next inform from CPE(only once)
- Scheduled: ACS will reboot CPE when receives the first inform from CPE during the scheduled time(only once).
- Schedule profile: Select Schedule profile which could be created from Maintenance > Schedule Profile. ACS will reboot CPE when receives the first inform from CPE during the scheduled time(only once).
Here we select the scheduled option. It also allows to specify the start date when will this profile take effect. Then Save the setting.
2. Go to Networks & Devices tab, the reboot settings profile could be applied per network or device.
How to check if the reboot has taken place?
All of the reboot events will be recorded in Monitoring > Logs > Device Reboot. The CommandKey column describes the reboot type:
- CommandKey with prefix ProReboot: ACS reboot the CPE by schedule reboot profile
- CommandKey with prefix ManuReboot: ACS reboot the CPE while user click reboot from Device Menu > Configuration > System > Maintenance
Why the CPE didn't do reboot
1. Check the server time:
While specify the scheduled time on your reboot profile, it should base on the ACS server time instead of your computer's system time.
2. Enable period inform:
Please make sure you have already enabled periodic inform setting on System Maintenance >> TR-069 setting of CPE WebUI