- Home »
- FAQ »
- VigorACS »
- VigorACS 2 »
- How to plan the wireless coverage by using Floor Plan feature on VigorACS 2 before deploying VigorAPs?
How to plan the wireless coverage by using Floor Plan feature on VigorACS 2 before deploying VigorAPs?
If you plan to build a wireless network in a large space, such as convention center, exhibition center, stadium, station or shopping mall, the signal coverage will be your primary concern. Here is a feature may just suit your need: the Floor Plan. The Floor Plan, one of the helpful tools on VigorACS 2, is the feature that network administrator can use to preview the deployment of VigorAPs, estimate the coverage of the wireless signal, the required amount of the APs, avoid the no-signal area, in the end, to adjust the AP deployment to the best condition.
This article demonstrates how to use Floor Plan to make a deployment plan for an exhibition center.
1. Go to NETWORK MENU >> Monitoring >> Floor Plan page, click Add New Profile.
2. Give a Profile Name and click Upload Map to select and upload the floor plan image, click Continue.
Note: VigorACS 2 only supports the PNG file for floor plan currently.
3. Click the Edit Dimension and specify the scale of the floor plan,
a. draw a line between two points on the floor plan which you know the real distance
b. enter its real distance
c. click OK to calculate the scale.
4. Click Add Device, drag and drop the VigorAP icon to the floor plan to deploy it. The concentric circles indicate the approximate signal strength.
If the AP has already deployed in the field, you can click the AP icon, then click Link to an AP to link the existed device.
You can also drag the existed device on the Un-assigned APs list to the floor plan, the AP will be deployed and linked simultaneously.
5. After linking the AP, you can find some basic information about the AP on the floor plan.
6. Deploy the rest of the APs to get the best condition of your wireless network.